Welcome to the Loughrea Triathlon Relay
Welcome, all to the Loughrea Triathlon Club Relay. This event that is designed for all companies’ employees, to partake as a three-person team to compete against other teams from their companies, and other company teams in the fun sport of triathlon.
WHAT IS THE CLUB RELAY?
This involves a 3 person team competing over the three disciplines of triathlon in a relay
- Person 1 completes a 750-meter swim in a blue flag clear water lake
- Person 2 completes a scenic 20 km cycle with a bird’s view of Loughrea lake
- Person 3 completes a 5 km run on closed roads where you can set a PB
WHAT DOES IT COST?
- €100 for a three-person team
- For non-triathlon members, you will also require a one day licence to be purchased online to cover insurance. Details below in the how to enter section
WHAT DO I GET FOR MY ENTRY?
- Chipped timed event with individual mobile text results plus full results on the web
- Goodie bag with designer t-shirt and other goodies and money off offers for each team member
- Post Race Meal for all team members after the race
- Finish line food and water
- Prizes for best team name and most original outfit
- Knowledge that all entry funds go back to the voluntary Predator Tri club to fund both the running of senior and especially junior clubs and junior triathlon squad
- Chance to compete in one of the friendliest and premier sprint in the country
- Have a great fun day and be the best team in your company
*Prizes subject to change
HOW DO ENTER?
It is Simple
- Select the entry tab on the top of the main page of this website
- Click on Main race entry tab
- This brings you directly to the race entry system on the Triathlon Ireland site
- Select YES/NO to are you a Triathlon Ireland member
- Select 3 for members on team
- Select Relay Team
- Follow process from there
For full information on one day licences click on the link here. Cannot be purchased on the day
WHAT DO I NEED ON THE DAY?
- Even though you may have the body of a god the rules require a wet suit for the swim
- Any form of a bike that includes a high nelly but must be road worthy and have working brakes, also a bike helmet required. Will be checked on the day
- Preferable runners with no holes
- Ability to laugh at oneself and have fun and BEAT THE OTHER TEAMS